HIGH TIDE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
It takes a lot of hard work to create your manuscript. We welcome submissions and are eager to see your work.
Email submissions only as an attachment to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not embed your submission in the email.
Please email with “Query and the title of your book” in the subject line. Please don’t query unless your manuscript is complete. Be sure to proofread prior to sending. All queries are read carefully. Our current response times is four to six weeks.
In the email please include:
- Word count, genre, title and a short write-up about your book.
- Introduce yourself with a short bio. Tell us your social networking presence (website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, some other medium that has just been invented, etc.). How do you plan to help us market your book?
- Is your manuscript part of a series? What is the series status (if this is the first book, with books two and three complete, or perhaps book two is in the draft stage, etc.)?
- If this manuscript was previously published, indicate the publisher and publish date.
- Attach the first 50 pages of your manuscript as an MS Word file
What we want
An original story with interesting details and lively characters. Your manuscript must not exceed 80,000 words.
– We’re particularly interested in series for all genres.
– Your manuscript need not be new: we consider previously published work, including your back-list.
– We accept simultaneous submissions.
- Adult Fiction with a broad appeal
- Mysteries (all sub-genres including traditional, humorous, paranormal, and cozy).
- Historical Fiction
Standard formatting: Times New Roman 12-point font with 1 inch margins, double-spaced. Name, title and page numbers in the header at the top of each page. We only accept manuscripts in MS Microsoft Word.
Attach your submission as an MS Word file to an email and send it to Narielle@hightidepublications.com. Do not embed your submission in the email itself.